- Call for papers: ADMÉE 2019
Assessment and Learning: Which Combinations?
Details and submission forms:
Deadline : May 26, 2019
The study session is for researchers, students, practitioners and professionals from various testing and assessment backgrounds and from various fields (education, health, science and engineering, humanities and social sciences, arts, etc.)
Thank you for sharing this announcement to your networks as widely as possible.
- New publication: Accountability Policies in Education
This book addresses current changes of education policies in a context of globalisation. It does so by focusing on the implementation of performance-based accountability policies in France and in Quebec (Canada). It questions the trajectory of these policies, their mediations and their instrumentation in various territories and schools through a theoretical framework which combines a North American neo-institutionalist approach with the perspective of the French sociologie de l’action publique. The book extends the current international literature on Englishspeaking experiences of hard accountability to research on “soft” accountability policies and proposes a deep investigation in two highly contrasted education systems. This investigation is multilevel and has led to field research both in schools, in intermediate authorities, and in central administrations for three years. The research presented in the book addresses the international literature on accountability in public administration and in education, the current transformations of governance in education, as well ...
- Tenure-Track Assistant Professor Position in Advanced Quantitative Methods at UBC
The Measurement, Evaluation, and Research Methodology (MERM) Program at UBC is searching for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor Position in Advanced Quantitative Methods. We hope you can share this job ad with prospective candidates who you think may be well-suited.
Here is the link to the job advertisement at the UBC website: http://tinyurl.com/y3z5fd74
Questions regarding the position should be directed to Dr. Anita Hubley, MERM Program Area Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bruno D. Zumbo, Professor & Distinguished University Scholar
Anita M. Hubley, Professor & MERM Program Area Coordinator
The University of British Columbia
- Workshop: Learning Analytics Building Bridges between the Education and the Computing communities
This workshop is the second edition of LABBEC. It aims to foster insemination between the field of education measurements and education practitioners, and the EDM community. Research contributions will be invited on topics related to the mutual influence between EDM and the education community. Demos of real world applications issued from EDM are expected and a discussion in the form of a roud-table is planned.
- 2019 International Measurement Confederation (IMEKO) Joint Symposium Mark Wilson and I would like to alert everyone to the 2019 International Measurement Confederation (IMEKO) Joint Symposium to be held 2-5 July in St. Petersburg, Russia. The deadline for extended abstract submissions is 15 November (https://imeko19-spb.org/submission-of-papers/).Of special interest at this Joint Symposium is the addition of IMEKO’s Technical Committee (TC) 18 on Measurement of Human Functions. The inclusion of TC18 provides a broader forum for psychological and social measurement theory and practice than was previously afforded by the areas covered by TC1 on Education and Training in Measurement and Instrumentation, TC7 on Measurement Science, and TC13 on Measurements in Biology and Medicine. TC18 will be an important setting for sharing ideas and methods as national metrology institutes around the world commence new investigations into the viability, feasibility, and desirability of metrological standards for measurements in education, health care, human resources, social services, economics, ...(Read more...)